Monday, March 8, 2010

Hack! Hack! Hack! and Sweet Kisses

I received a text message from a dear friend this morning. She said, "Good morning." My text response to her was, Hack! Hack! Hack Crud! Hack! Hack! Crud!, etc..... It's was a good thing she wasn't standing in front of me. She may have been frightened by my manly voice and that awful hacking sound protruding from me. I then informed her that I was battling a cold. A bad one.

I've been under strict orders from my wonderful husband to rest and not do anything. That is very hard for me to do because I love being busy. Busy at home. I had all kinds of plans this week. I planned on taking out some my Spring clothes and putting away Winter clothes. I planned on starting a project that I will give to my precious daughter at her bridal shower. I planned on going to JoAnn's Fabric with my new coupons to see how far my $13 would go.

I took some over the counter medicine, which I don't like doing, but I needed some sleep. I don't remember much about this morning, but I do remember a few things. I remember my husband kissing me on the forehead before he left home to clean the church. The reason why I remember this is because it wasn't just one kiss, but many kisses. And they were sweet kisses too.

I'm not sure how much time had lapsed. Next thing I knew I felt those sweet kisses on my forehead again and this time he was telling me that he was leaving for work. Another thing I remembered was making sure the blankets were just so as I laid back down with a smile on my face. In spite of all the hacking, congestion, chest pain and sore throat, those sweet kisses managed to put a smile on my face :)


9 comments:

Sisters Of Honor said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Praying you feel better really soon. Listen to him and get some rest :)

Hishandmaid said...

I just found your blog! I'm very happy I did! I'm looking forward to reading through it, and getting to know you better. Lord bless you!

Thandi said...

A loving husband.Aren't they a blessing?Hope you get well soon :(

Thandi said...

I give up.This si the 4th time the internet has bombed out on me.I'll keep it short.GET WELL SOON AND YAY FOR HUBBY!!

Rachelle said...

awh how sweet!!! I missed hearing from you yesterday! Praying your better today..Love you

Well Watered Woman said...

feel better soon and obey the King.

Simple Christian Homemaker said...

So sweet...The hubby kisses, not the cold:-) I hope you feel better soon.

Christine A Mayo said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well, I pray this will pass soon.... Be blessed sis, loved the posting!

~Lisi P. said...

What a sweet posting! (minus the cold of course) :) Blessings.